Join Father Joe's Villages on
November 28, 2019 6:30am to 11:00am
We hope you'll join us at Balboa Park for the 18th Annual Thanksgiving Day 5k!
Our annual Thanksgiving Day 5k raises critical funds for our meals program, which provides more than 1 million meals each year to people in need. Your participation will help us continue to meet the growing needs of our community.
The 5K is a fun, family friendly (and pet friendly) event featuring:
- A beautiful 5K course in Balboa Park
- A free event T-Shirt with your registration
- A post-race festival with live music and a beer garden (ages 21+)
- An optional pre-race mass celebrated by Father Joe's Villages leadership
- 6:30AM - Roman Catholic Mass at stage in Plaza De Panama (Optional)
- 6:30AM - Registration opens at Spreckels Organ Pavilion in Balboa Park & Pancake Breakfast - $5 per plate
- 7:35AM - Speedy Turkey (Timed) Race Begins
- 7:40AM - Fun Runner (Untimed) Race Begins
- 8:00AM - Registration Closes & Post Race Festival Begins
- 8:15AM - Start Line is Closed - NO MORE RUNNERS
- 9:15AM - Timed Award Winners Announced (Top 3 Only)
For 69 years, Father Joe's Villages has worked tirelessly to meet the needs of the most vulnerable among us, our neighbors experiencing homelessness. We’ve transformed lives by providing critical programs and tailored services that help our clients reach their true potential. Father Joe's Villages houses more than 2,000 people every night and has successfully helped more than 5,600 people achieve permanent housing in the last five years alone. In addition, we provide healthcare, substance abuse treatment, job training and placement, therapeutic childcare and hot, nutritious meals to the homeless community.
2019 Goal: $450,000
Recent 5K Donors
Ms. Teresa Henry
Carla & Auggie Castille
CVMA 33-1 and Shannon Baumberger